How will TAG participation help for college admissions?
- More challenging opportunities that go beyond the regular curriculum.
- Seminars, directed studies, and career internships help students find their passion.
- Shows colleges that students are self-motivated, independent learners.
- All aspects of TAG help students perfect their ability to present themselves professionally.
- All aspects of TAG help students develop/perfect their leadership skills.
What is TAG Probation?
- TAG probation means a student did not get credit for the current semester. Notice is mailed home to parent.
- In order to return to good standing, he/she MUST participate in TAG the following semester and get credit.
What is TAG Dismissal?
- If a student does NOT receive credit for two consecutive semesters, he/she is dismissed from TAG for one semester. Notice is mailed home to parent.
- At the end of the dismissed semester, the student may return to TAG by telling a TAG teacher he/she wishes to do so.
My child was in TAG in an earlier grade. Does s/he need to go through testing again?
- No, provide any TAG teacher with a signed DCI (Data Collection Instrument) from a previous Fulton County School and your son or daughter can begin participating in TAG activities.
My child was in Gifted in a different state. Does s/he need to be tested again?
Yes, There is no out of state Reciprocity for Gifted Services. Students new to Georgia must be tested and qualify to receive Gifted services.